- Share your cancer story
- Corporate partnerships
- Why work with us?
- How you can work with us
- Inspirational partner stories
- Get in touch
- Gift in your Will
- Sign the World Cancer Declaration
Health and fitness
Curves is the largest fitness franchise in the world, with thousands of - locations in over 75 countries. There are several hundred Curves locations in Australia and New Zealand. It is the first fitness and weight-loss facility created specifically for women, providing a complete fitness and nutrition solution. In addition, club promotions and events encourage women to support charitable causes, learn about health-related issues and forge lasting friendships as part of the global Curves community.
Integrated partnership including:
- cause related marketing
- merchandise sales
- event participation (hosting events with members)
- prize donations.
Curves has supported Cancer Council's Pink Ribbon Day and Girls Night In events since 2006.
Curves wanted to:
- partner with an Australian charity with high recognition and resonance with Curves' members, staff and women in their communities, as part of its global commitment to supporting the fight against breast cancer
- develop a partnership with multiple opportunities for members and club staff to support the cause
- engage with local communities to promote Curves' social responsibility and increase membership.
What we have achieved together, so far
- Since 2006, Curves has raised over $1.3 million to support women affected by cancer in Australia.
- Girls Night In events have proven to be extremely successful for Curves, as an opportunity for clubs to engage with members, staff and local communities. The events provide a platform increasing awareness about cancers affecting women, raising funds to help women with cancer and increasing Curves' community profile and driving membership.
- Because of their personal interest in the cause, Curves staff have enthusiastically supported local events and membership promotions, boosting staff engagement and morale.
- Curves' donation of in kind prizes to incentivise event supporters enables Cancer Council to direct an even greater percentage of funds raised to support services, and gains additional recognition of Curves' support.
- Curves benefits from recognition of its national support in Pink Ribbon Day and Girls Night In publicity and on Cancer Council's popular social media platforms, increasing brand affiliation.
How Curves helps fight cancer
The Cancer Council Curves fund directs the money raised to research, prevention and support services for those affected by women's cancers. Curves clubs across Australia raise funds by:
- selling Pink Ribbon Day merchandise at all clubs nationally
- cause related marketing campaigns targeting new (joining fee donation) and existing members (making a donation for each 'Curvette of the Year entry)
- hosting Girls Night In events
- in kind prize donations.
Why Curves supports Cancer Council
"Curves' commitment to the health and wellbeing of women is at the heart of our mission, so our partnership with Cancer Council is a natural fit."
"With 1 in 3 women being diagnosed with cancer, it's up to companies like Curves and the community to help reduce the impact of cancer on our society. One of the key ways for women to reduce their cancer risk is through regular physical activity which, along with maintaining a healthy weight and eating a healthy diet, can reduce the risk of many common cancers."
"Curves and our members are proud to help Cancer Council to provide support services to improve the quality of life of women affected by cancer, deliver prevention programs and fund world-class research into potential new treatments."
Yvonne Shepherd, Marketing Director – Aus/NZ, Curves
Want to join the fight against cancer? Contact us through our online inquiry form or call (02) 8063 4100.
This page was last updated on: Friday, August 17, 2012