- Corporate partnerships
- Why work with us?
- How you can work with us
- Inspirational partner stories
- Get in touch
- Gift in your will
- Sign the World Cancer Declaration
- Share your cancer story
Why work with us?
Cancer affects a large number of Australians, both directly and indirectly. One in 2 Australians will be diagnosed with cancer before the age of 85(1). An estimated 115,000 new cases of cancer will be diagnosed this year. That’s more than 300 Australians of all ages diagnosed each day, and sadly around 100 Australians that will die of cancer - today.
There is some good news. The survival rate for many common cancers has increased by 30% in the past two decades. And we know that 1 in 3 cancers are preventable(2). You can learn more about the fight against cancer here.
Cancer Council is leading the way in reducing the impact of cancer in Australia. By working with us, you can join with us in the fight against cancer and share the benefits of Cancer Council’s hard work and strong reputation.
Cancer Council Australia's 50th Anniversary
- National -
- we have an office in every state and territory in Australia, and reach out to all Australians through prevention messaging, support services and participating in our fundraising events.
- Well recognised -
- we are the most recognised cancer charity in Australia.
- Leaders -
- we are the largest independent funders of cancer research in Australia,
- we have strong affiliations within the cancer arena in Australia – such as varoius patient advocacy groups, our clinical partner (Clinical Oncological Society of Australia), leading collaboration with public health NGOs (eg. Australian Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance); and
- we are members of various international alliances, including being an active member of the Union for International Cancer Control.
- Accountable -
- Cancer Council NSW recently won the PWC Transparency Awards (>$30m revenue category, Winner 2011).
- We have experience in Global Reporting Initiative and London Benchmarking Group reporting for corporate social responsibility and sustainability reporting requirements.
Partnering for good
A corporate partnership with Cancer Council is created to meet your corporate social responsibility (CSR) and marketing objectives, as well as our fundraising and awareness objectives, to achieve a truly mutually beneficial relationship. It is about partnering for good and creating win-win-win partnerships.
We work across all cancers - from breast cancer to brain cancer, prostate cancer to pancreatic cancer. We also work across all stages of the cancer journey - from prevention through to support services, as well as cancer research.
We are a non-government, community funded organisation. Your support helps us to continue the fight against cancer. From being able to take calls on our Cancer Council Helpline, through to funding clinical trials of new and improved cancer treatments.
There are a range of ways we can work together to design partnerships that work for you and for us, once your CSR objectives are defined.
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, Australian cancer database 2007, accessed January 2012.
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, Australian cancer database 2007.
- McNair research, 2009
This page was last updated on: Monday, September 24, 2012