Chief Operating Officer
Cancer Council Australia
Applications close 27 June 2021
Cancer Council Australia is seeking an experienced Chief Operating Officer to join the Executive Team. The role:
- Provides leadership to the Finance and Corporate Services (F&CS) Division overseeing a number of critical functions for the organisation, such as financial management and accounting, risk management, property and facilities management, contracts and legal, project management, WHS, HR and public officer services. The role works in partnership with the CEO to support the development and execution of organisational strategy and planning processes.
- Provides strategic direction and leadership for the Division, and is responsible for performance, processes and outcomes for all functions across the Division.
- Effectively manages senior level relationships with internal and external stakeholders including the CCA Board, CCA Leadership team, within the Federation and with external funders, partners, auditors and service providers.
- Strengthens and maintains positive relations with member Cancer Councils, and so contribute to the health of the Federation.
- Works closely with the CEO, to lead the organisation strategy and planning process, to provide strategic guidance and enable alignment of business planning across the organisation.
- Leads the development and maintenance of the organisational risk management framework and risk reporting to enhance CCA’s risk and regulatory compliance maturity.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, and CPA or CA qualification with extensive senior management/executive experience in a complex environment such as a federation.
- Board level credibility and governance skills and experience with the ability to develop effective working relationships with those at executive and CEO level.
- Results oriented with strong commercial acumen and knowledge and understanding of business practices, including: financial monitoring and management, strategic planning, performance management, contract management, risk management and corporate governance principles.
- Outstanding leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to think and act collaboratively and strategically and a track record of success in managing, inspiring and motivating teams in complex working environments to develop a high-performance culture.
- Exceptional interpersonal, resilience and collaboration skills particularly in leading, negotiation, relationship management and creating influence.
- A proven track record of consensus building and management of uncertainty/ambiguity.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- Post-graduate qualifications (MBA or similar).
How To Apply
Interested applicants should follow the instructions below to ensure your application meets the requirements for consideration by Cancer Council. Please submit an Expression of Interest for this role that includes:
Enquiries, please contact us on
02 8256 4100.
- A cover letter (one to two pages) demonstrating how you meet each of the selection criteria as outlined in the position description
- Your current CV
- Details for two work related referees
Enquiries, please contact us on
No recruiters please.