Web Developer (Full Stack)
Cancer Council Australia
The Web Developer role sits within the Cancer Control Campaigns & Communications Division in the Digital Production Team.
The Full Stack Web Developer (Node/React) will be a passionate digital guru who’s excited by what technology can achieve and is up for a challenge. Someone who likes writing code that’s clean, concise, modular and reusable, using the latest industry tools and techniques. Someone that doesn’t blindly do tasks but works with the team to understand the why, while at the same time offering suggestions and improvements.
To be successful, you should be a motivated and proactive developer who is comfortable working independently as well as part of a broader team to deliver a wide range of projects, a key one being our core consumer facing cancer information site cancer.org.au.
We offer a competitive salary with generous salary sacrificing options and a real work/life balance.
- The primary accountability of this role is to effectively and efficiently manage the development strategy for Cancer Council’s Kentico Kontent Headless CMS platform as well as various other platforms and development tools. To do this, the Web Developer will focus on four key priorities:
Priority One – Development Strategy
- Understand the current setup of existing sites and platforms to inform the creation of a cohesive development strategy (both Front End and Back End where required).
- Incorporate the complexity of our multi-member Federation into this strategy, including multiple CRMs and business processes/priorities amongst our members.
- Work in collaboration with the Digital Producers and wider teams to develop an integration strategy for the migration and consolidation of member Cancer Council’s core websites onto the Kentico Kontent platform as and when they choose to come onboard.
- Advise on strategy for new campaigns/projects to determine the best technical setup including platform, system & integration with existing sites.
- Manage and optimise our content modelling strategy for Kentico Kontent Headless CMS by working closely with the Graphic Designer, Digital Producer and wider teams.
- Explore opportunities to leverage our Headless CMS implementation for multi-channel delivery beyond the main web channel.
- Prepare and present on this strategy to relevant stakeholders when required.
Priority Two – Execution
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with key team members to develop SOWs for relevant projects.
- Work closely with the Digital Producers to maintain the visual elements in the Cancer Council React ‘Launchpad’ library including menus, tabs, buttons, widgets, components, and templates to ensure overall site designs adhere to the brand strategy for individual campaigns as well as the overall Cancer Council brand identity.
- Work closely with the wider teams to develop prototypes and translate designs into production code.
- Work closely with the Graphic Designer to bridge the gap between visual design and technical implementation to ensure the technical feasibility of the UX/UI designs.
- Work closely with any agency or contract developers that may be required for specific projects.
- Implement responsive web design principles to ensure the site renders well across all devices and is accessible for all users by translating designs and wireframes into high quality accessible (WCAG 2.1 AA) code.
- Optimise for maximum speed and scalability.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply. This position is open to Australian citizens and residents with permission to work full-time in Australia.
- A cover letter (one to two pages) demonstrating how you meet each of the selection criteria as outlined in the position description
- Your current CV
- A portfolio of your most recent work
- Two work related referees
Enquiries, please contact us on
No recruiters please.