Content Production Specialist (6-month contract)
Cancer Council Australia
Cancer Council is Australia’s leading cancer charity, working towards a vision of a cancer-free future. We currently have an opportunity for a content specialist to join our national team at Cancer Council Australia, based in Sydney.
Working as a part of the organisation’s communications team, this contract role will execute and implement our national content strategy and activity for numerous channels, formats and audiences, including social, digital and media content strategy and production.
If you are looking for a meaningful role where you have the opportunity to flex your creative muscle, tell inspiring stories and drive behaviour change with your content, this is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference and work with a highly motivated communications team to reduce the impact of cancer in the Australian community.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- In house content production and storytelling skills across social (videos, infographics, tiles), website (website copy, imagery) and general copy writing (for different audiences and channels)
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro)
- Demonstrable experience in tracking content performance and data analytics, particularly on social media, in order to innovate and pivot strategy
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple deadlines at once with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills with experience working with crossfunctional environments
- Understanding of and commitment to the not-for-profit sector and an alignment with the mission and goals of Cancer Council Australia
- Ability to work with a range of case studies, including partners, clinicians, researchers, and people affected by cancer to help tell a story
- Experience working in integrated communications environments with the ability to take initiative and work autonomously when required
- Experience of working in a not-for-profit and/or managing with limited budgets
- Experience managing agencies with a strong understanding of creative, brand and content agency processes
- Experience managing paid social campaigns
- Digital marketing experience
- Market research experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position.
- A statement demonstrating how you meet each of the selection criteria in the position description.
- Your content portfolio including examples of relevant content you have developed.
- Copy of your resume.
- Details for two referees.
Enquiries, please contact us on
No recruiters please.