Content Specialist (6-month contract)
Cancer Council Australia
Cancer Council is Australia’s leading cancer charity, working towards a vision of a cancer-free future. We currently have an opportunity for a content specialist to join our national team at Cancer Council Australia, based in Sydney.
Working as a part of the organisation’s communications team, this contract role will lead our national content strategy and activity, including social, digital and media content strategy and production
If you are looking for a meaningful role where you have the opportunity to flex your creative muscle, this is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference and work with a highly motivated communications team to reduce the impact of cancer in the Australian community.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- In house content production skills across social (videos, infographics, tiles), PR (media releases, case studies) and website (website copy, imagery) and general copy writing (for different audiences and channels)
- Demonstrable experience in tracking content performance and data analytics, particularly on social media, in order to innovate and pivot strategy
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple deadlines at once with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills with experience working with cross-functional environments
- Understanding of and commitment to the not-for-profit sector and an alignment with the mission and goals of Cancer Council Australia
- Ability to work with a range of case studies, including partners, clinicians, researchers, and people affected by cancer to help tell a story
- Experience working in integrated communications environments with the ability to take initiative and work autonomously when required
- Experience of working in a not-for-profit and/or managing with limited budgets
- Experience managing agencies with a strong understanding of creative, brand and content agency processes
- Experience managing paid social campaigns
- Digital marketing experience
- Market research experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
How to Apply
Interested applicants should follow the simple instructions to the right to ensure your application meets the requirements for consideration by Cancer Council Australia.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply. This position is open to Australian citizens and residents with permission to work full-time in Australia.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position.
- A statement demonstrating how you meet each of the selection criteria in the position description.
- Examples of relevant content you have developed.
- Copy of your resume.
- Details for two referees.
Enquiries, please contact us on
No recruiters please.