Manager, Cancer Care Policy (13-month parental leave contract)
Cancer Council Australia
Cancer Council Australia is seeking a Manager, Cancer Care Policy to join our national Cancer Control Policy team for a 13-month parental leave contract, starting in mid-June 2021. You will:
- Lead the development of policy submissions on issues relevant to cancer care
- Work closely with a diverse range of colleagues from clinical organisations and societies, and from across the Cancer Council Federation
- Manage the implementation of policy projects to support improved cancer outcomes
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in health, science, law, communications or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality and persuasive written material such as briefing documents, academic papers, submissions, policy statements, and the ability to write in an easily understood, succinct style and format for a range of audiences
- A collaborative and open communication style with strong interpersonal and influencing capabilities and demonstrated ability to promote highly effective and functional internal and external partnerships
- Project management experience
Cancer Council Australia's head office is currently based in Haymarket. Flexible working options can be negotiated with the successful candidate and there may be an opportunity for candidates to be based outside the Sydney region – with the expectation of attending the Cancer Council Australia Head Office on a regular basis.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position.
- A statement demonstrating how you meet each of the selection criteria in the position description.
- Examples of relevant content you have developed.
- Copy of your resume.
- Details for two referees.
Enquiries, please contact us on
No recruiters please.