Head of Government and External Relations
Cancer Council Australia
Cancer Council Australia is seeking an experienced and connected Head of Government and External Relations to join our national Cancer Control Policy team. You will:
- Establish and build constructive relationships with key contacts within the government, opposition, cross benches, advisors and with other policy thought leaders
- Identify opportunities to influence governments to make policy, legislative and/or funding decisions that will improve cancer control in Australia and the region
- Create opportunities to promote Cancer Council’s perspectives and build consensus relating to cancer control policy with key stakeholders on matters of mutual interest
We are looking for someone with:
- Sound knowledge of Australian policy environments including a strong understanding of political imperatives and governmental processes.
- Experience and a history of successful engagement in political advocacy, ideally at a federal level.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration and negotiation skills with demonstrated success in engaging diverse stakeholders
This role is based in Canberra.
- A cover letter (one to two pages) demonstrating how you meet each of the selection criteria as outlined in the position description
- Copy of your resume
- Details for two work related referees
Enquiries, please contact us on
No recruiters please.