- What is cancer?
- Types of cancer
- Causes of cancer
- Early detection
- After a diagnosis
- Find a specialist
- Online resources
- Share your cancer story
- Bowel cancer stories
- Cancer ebooks
Cancer Council 13 11 20
Cancer Council 13 11 20 is a free, confidential telephone information and support service run by Cancer Councils in each state and territory.
Anyone can call Cancer Council 13 11 20 - cancer patients, people living with cancer, their families, carers and friends, teachers, students and healthcare professionals.
Specially trained staff are available to answer your questions about cancer and offer emotional or practical support.
Cancer Council 13 11 20:
- call 13 11 20
- local call cost from anywhere in Australia (mobile calls charged at mobile rates)
- is open between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
- some states have extended hours
- some states have health professionals on staff
- some states have multilingual services
Cancer Council also provides online support through Cancer Connections, where you can ask questions and participate in groups, forums and blogs.
This page was last updated on: Monday, October 27, 2014