- What is cancer?
- Types of cancer
- Causes of cancer
- Early detection
- After a diagnosis
- Find a specialist
- Online resources
- Share your cancer story
- Bowel cancer stories
- Cancer ebooks
Cancer Council Helpline
Cancer Council Helpline is a free, confidential telephone information and support service run by Cancer Councils in each state and territory.
Anyone can call Cancer Council Helpline - cancer patients, people living with cancer, their families, carers and friends, teachers, students and healthcare professionals.
Specially trained staff are available to answer your questions about cancer and offer emotional or practical support.
Cancer Council Helpline:
- call 13 11 20
- local call cost from anywhere in Australia (mobile calls charged at mobile rates)
- is open between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
- some states have extended hours
- some states have health professionals on staff
- some states have multilingual services
This page was last updated on: Friday, August 17, 2012