- About us
- What we do
- Executive Leadership Team
- State and Territory Councils
- External relationships
- Annual review
- Beat cancer campaign
- About this website
- Contact us
- About cancer
- What is cancer?
- Types of cancer
- Causes of cancer
- Early detection
- After a diagnosis
- What to expect
- Living with cancer
- After treatment
- Find a specialist
- Online resources
- Share your cancer story
- Preventing cancer
- Sun safety
- About skin cancer
- Causes of skin cancer
- Check for signs and symptoms of skin cancer
- Preventing skin cancer
- Vitamin D
- UV alert
- Nanoparticles and sunscreen
- SunSmart position statements
- Cancer Council Shop
- SunSmart schools and early childhood programs
- Sun protection in the workplace
- Campaigns and events
- Nutrition and physical activity
- Smoking and tobacco
- Reduce your risk
- Early detection
- Sun safety
- Get involved
- Share your cancer story
- Corporate partnerships
- Why work with us?
- How you can work with us
- Inspirational partner stories
- Get in touch
- Gift in your Will
- Sign the World Cancer Declaration
- Health professionals
- Clinical guidelines
- Clinical Guidelines Network
- Optimal cancer care pathways
- Genetics Directory
- CALD Directory
- Patient fact sheets
- Primary care resources
- Cancer Forum
- Online learning
- Oncology education
- Events and conferences
- kNOw cancer risks at work
- Policy and advocacy
- Prevention policy
- Early detection policy
- Clinical practice policy
- Supportive care policy
- Position statements
- Submissions to government
This disclaimer covers websites owned and operated by Cancer Council Australia (ABN 91 130 793 725), including: cancer.org.au; cancerforum.org.au; wiki.cancer.org.au; iheard.com.au; nt.cancer.org.au; annualreview.cancer.org.au; genetics.cancer.org.au; eLearning.cancer.org.au; biggestmorningtea.com.au; daffodilday.com.au and pinkribbon.com.au.
Content on these sites is provided for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with qualified health professionals who can determine your individual medical needs.
Clinical practice guidelines provided through our Cancer Guidelines Wiki are intended as a guide to appropriate clinical practice. They are designed to provide information to assist in decision-making and are not intended to be prescriptive.
We hope we can answer some of your questions and help you in thinking about further questions you may want to ask. For confidential telephone information or support, call Cancer Council 13 11 20 (cost of a local call from anywhere in Australia, mobiles excepted).
Content on Cancer Council Australia websites has been developed by staff of Cancer Council Australia, its committees and working parties, comprising qualified professionals in all fields of cancer research, detection, prevention, policy and support. We also work closely with various national consumer advocacy organisations and the national organisation representing health professionals working in cancer, the Clinical Oncology Society of Australia.
Research and evidence-based material used is generally referenced (at the end of the page, or where the reference occurred) to acknowledge the author. All attempts are made to ensure the most up-to-date research and evidence is used.
Cancer Council Australia’s Cancer Guidelines Wiki enables external submissions in form of comments and evidence submission to allow wide content consultation and discussion. Content posted by external contributors is not endorsed by Cancer Council Australia and does not necessarily represent Cancer Council Australia’s views.
All information published on our websites is authorised by the Chief Executive Officer.
Cancer Council Australia’s websites are regularly monitored and updated as necessary to reflect changes in policy and research outcomes, and as a result of recommendations, programs and activity undertaken by Cancer Council committees.
Comments and suggestions are welcome via our contact us form.
Copyright/use of content
Works of authorship contained on Cancer Council Australia’s websites, including but not limited to all design, text and images, are owned or licensed by Cancer Council Australia and/or its member organisations. They may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, rented, sub-licensed, altered, stored by subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without the Cancer Council’s prior written consent, except by educational institutions for educational purposes, or for personal and non-commercial uses.
When used for personal or educational purposes, Cancer Council Australia has no objection to the reproduction of content or material provided that the following criteria apply:
- Content is used one time only, in a non-commercial educational setting (one written report, one oral report, or one day of educational display is allowed by for a single presentation).
- Material can only be branded Cancer Council Australia and an acknowledgment to Cancer Council Australia, including the weblink www.cancer.org.au, must be prominently displayed.
- No exclusivity is claimed in relation to provision the content.
- Content is not altered, placed out of context, linked to, reused, further reproduced, or distributed.
- Content is not to be reproduced for use on a web page or with any online service or application without permission of the Director, Communications.
Links to other sites
Cancer Council Australia provides links to other websites that are not under its control. While we only link to sites we believe offer credible information, we cannot guarantee this information is correct, up-to-date or evidence-based.
Cancer Council is not responsible for the contents of any linked website, or any link contained in a linked website, or any changes or updates to such websites.
These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by Cancer Council of the organisation or individual operating the website.
Sites linking to Cancer Council Australia
Cancer Council Australia encourages links to its websites, subject to the following criteria:
- The appearance, position and other aspects of either the link or the host website may not be such as to damage or dilute the good reputation of Cancer Council.
- The appearance, position and other aspects of either the link or the host website may not create the false appearance that Cancer Council is associated with or sponsors the host website.
Cancer Council reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time and is not responsible for information or materials contained on the host website.
Cancer Council Australia pays for all costs associated with its websites. Cancer Council does not accept advertising on its websites.
This page was last updated on: Tuesday, April 5, 2016