- Clinical Guidelines Network
- Clinical guidelines
- Genetics Directory
- CALD Directory
- Patient fact sheets
- Primary care resources
- Cancer Forum
- Online learning
- Oncology education
- Events and conferences
- Cancer in the workplace forum
Clinical practice guidelines bring together the best available evidence to underpin scientifically-valid recommendations for the prevention and diagnosis of cancer and treatment of care of patients.
Cancer Council Australia's Clinical Guidelines Network (formerly Australian Cancer Network) has developed high standards of preparation and evaluation of guidelines for health professionals. Equally important, most guidelines have also prepared a condensed format for use in general practice and written for patients and non-clinical readers.
Cancer Council Australia is now moving towards developing and publishing online Clinical Practice Guidelines.
To view current Clinical Practice Guidelines visit the Cancer Guidelines wiki.
Cancer Guidelines Wiki
Guidelines developed by the Network that have been approved by NHMRC have been revised in accordance with legislative requirements. NHMRC approved guidelines are also on the NHMRC clinical practice guidelines portal, where you can download PDF copies.
The following guidelines are available in hard copy:
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Adult Gliomas: Astrocytomas and Oligodendrogliomas
- Adult gliomas (astrocytomas and oligodendrogliomas): a guide for patients, their families and carers (to obtain a free copy, contact Cancer Council Helpline 13 11 20)
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Locally Advanced and Metastatic Prostate Cancer 2010
- Advanced Prostate Cancer: a guide for men and their families 2009 (to obtain a free copy, contact Cancer Council Helpline 13 11 20)
- Localised Prostate Cancer: a guide for men and their families 2010 (to obtain a free copy, contact Cancer Council Helpline 13 11 20)
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Melanoma in Australia and New Zealand (November 2008)
- Ocular and Periocular Melanoma: Supplementary Document
- Melanoma - an Aide Memoire to assist diagnosis (November 2008)
- Basal Cell Carcinoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma (and related lesions) - a Guide to Clinical Management in Australia (November 2008)
- Basal Cell and Squamous Cell Carcinoma - summary card for GPs (November 2008)
To order printed copies please contact us.
This page was last updated on: Thursday, August 23, 2012