Your free test kit contains...
Step 1 – Prepare
1. Complete your ‘Participant Details Form’.
2. Write your details on one of the collection tubes.
3. Leave the test kit in the bathroom so you remember to do the test.
Step 2 – Collect
4. Do a wee and flush the toilet, then put the flushable paper toilet liner in the toilet bowl.
5. Poo onto the paper.
6. Open the tube and scrape the tip of the stick into the poo to get a tiny sample. A sample that’s smaller than a grain of rice is OK.
7. Put the stick back into the collection tube and click the lid shut. Shake the tube up and down.
Step 3 – Store and repeat
8. Place the tube into the ziplock bag and store the sample in the fridge. This is a completely hygienic process because your sample is airtight.
9. Repeat steps 1-3 with the second collection tube when you next do a poo.
Step 4 – Send
10. Put your participant details form and your two collection tubes (in the sealed zip lock bag) into the reply-paid envelope. Post the envelope within 24 hours if you can.
Your samples will be sent to a laboratory for testing and your results will be mailed to you in around two weeks. If blood is detected, your GP is likely to refer you for a colonoscopy.
A positive test result does not mean you have cancer. It means that blood has been detected and further tests are needed. If cancer is detected with further testing, there’s a higher chance of it being treated successfully because this test helps find it early.