Clinical Guidelines Network
High quality, evidence-based clinical practice guidelines
Cancer Council Australia's Clinical Guidelines Network (CGN) develops and disseminates high quality, evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for the prevention, diagnosis and management of cancer. It is a service provided by Cancer Council Australia to inform clinical practice and ultimately improve cancer management in Australia. In addition, CGN also produces evidence-based information targeted towards consumers. In order to achieve its mission, the CGN links clinical experts, professional bodies and societies with an interest in cancer.
Established in 1994, the CGN has significant experience in producing cancer-related guidelines for the Australian health context.
More recently, Cancer Council Australia developed a web-based Guidelines platform for developing, revising and publishing up-to-date online clinical practice guidelines. Unlike written guidelines, wiki-based guidelines are updated as new evidence becomes available and are linked to source abstracts and other evidence-based sites.
Produce and disseminate high quality, evidence-based up-to-date cancer related clinical practice guidelines.
- Improve cancer related clinical practice guideline implementation and uptake.
- Support, engage and collaborate with the Australian and international guideline development and implementation community, including relevant government bodies.
- Offer advice on cancer-related health outcomes to a range of interest groups (including professionals, government, community organisations and people affected by cancer).
- Consult with interest groups and stakeholders.
- Be a clearinghouse for information concerned with patterns of practice, treatment outcome indicators and development and dissemination of best practice guidelines.
- Gain the perspectives and experiences of consumers and cancer care providers.
- Improve the delivery of cancer services and care.
- Support efforts to develop a national cancer control plan.
See the research we've funded
With your help, we'll continue funding the brightest minds all over Australia to push even more boundaries and break new ground.