Cancer Council Tasmania and COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
9 July 2021
In light of the current and changing situation regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we have adjusted our service delivery to continue to provide services to support Tasmanians impacted by cancer and to connect with the community during this challenging time.
We are adjusting our business practices and activities in the following ways:
- Our staff are available for face-to-face appointments by arrangement. Please call 1300 65 65 85 to book an appointment.
- Our team are also available to provide support over the phone or via email. Please call 1300 65 65 85 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be put in touch with one of our team members.
- Some of our programs are available online. Check out our Facebook page or call 1300 65 65 85 to find out more.
- Our hospital visit program is still taking place. The CCT Support Team is still receiving hospital referrals and is following up with clients over the phone.
- Our wig library can be accessed through our support team. Please call 1300 65 65 85 to speak with them.
- Our visits to the North West Cancer Centre and the Icon Cancer Centre have ceased for now, but we are receiving referrals from both centres to follow up with clients as required.
- To speak to an oncology nurse about clinical concerns please call 131120 during business hours for the cost of a local call.
transport2treatment (T2T) is operating as usual, with the number of clients per car limited to a maximum of two.
Our retail shop is located at 15 Princes Street, Sandy Bay and has returned to the normal opening hours of Monday-Friday, 9:30am- 4:30pm.
Most of our staff have returned to working from the office. Please call 1300 65 65 85 to speak to our staff.
- We are delivering presentations to community and corporate partners online.
- We are increasing our presence on social media.
- Our SunSmart program is continuing as normal.
- We are working with WorkSafe Tasmania to help the community and businesses understand the risk of occupational cancers.
- Quitline 13 78 48 continues to operate from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
- We are continuing to provide training and support to service providers to help patients and clients to quit smoking. Please call 6169 1943 for more information.
- The Women’s 5K Walk/Run will go ahead as a virtual (online) event. Participants are being asked to walk or run 5km during the event weekend, 11th-13th of September. Further information can be found on the Women’s 5k Walk/Run website: www.womens5k.org.au
- We have just released our direct mail appeal and donations can be made to www.cancercouncilfundraising.com.au/tas/donate
- Other CCT specific events are under review.
We are monitoring the information provided by Australian Department of Health and the Tasmanian Department of Health - Public Health regarding minimising the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We will continue to review our services and programs upon the advice of these departments.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please reach out to us on 1300 65 65 85 or contact us at: email@example.com