Useful links regarding COVID-19
We’ve compiled a list of links to assist you in finding information and support resources that might be useful for you during this time.
The Australasian Leukaemia and Lymphoma Group (ALLG) has collaborated with a range of cancer organisations, including Cancer Council, to develop a Patient-Carer Info Sheet - including important information about COVID-19 based on clinical advice to contain, delay and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Australian Government resources for General Public
- Healthdirect Australia has a COVID-19 Restriction Checker tool to enable communities to easily check what they can and cannot do during lockdowns and beyond.
- Cancer Australia has released responses to 25 Frequently asked questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccine for people affected by cancer.
- A collection of government resources for the general public and industry about COVID-19: Resources for general public and industry
- Information and digital support to help support mental health and wellbeing: Head to Health: COVID-19 online support information
- The Australian government has also created a mobile app with updates and information. It is available for both Android and Apple users.
For Healthcare workers
If you are health care worker with concerns or questions about how COVID-19 affects you, these links provide some detailed information for you:
- Information for Healthcare and Residential Care Workers
- Resources for Health Professionals including Pathology Providers
- Guidance on Usage of Surgical Masks
Affiliated professional societies:
- Haematology Society of Australia & New Zealand (HSANZ)
- Bone Marrow Transplant Society of Australia & New Zealand
- Advice on cleaning and disinfecting your home by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Cancer Australia – Information about cancer about COVID-19
- Cancer Council – Hospital visits for cancer patients and carers
If you are a cancer patient with concerns or questions about how COVID-19 affects you, the links below may provide more specific information related to your cancer type:
- Leukaemia Foundation of Australia: Viruses & Blood Cancer
- Lung Foundation Australia: Information and Support Centre 1800 654 301
- Lymphoma Australia
- Myeloma Australia
If COVID-19 is affecting your individual, household or business finances, you can read about government assistance here:
- Government support for individuals and businesses or call the Business.gov.au support line on 13 28 46
- Government factsheet on payments to support households
- Government factsheet on income support for individuals
Additional resources for young cancer patients
If you are a young cancer patient looking for age-appropriate COVID-19 information and support resources, use can find out more here:
- Online community and counselling for young people impacted by cancer: Canteen Connect or call 1800 835 932
- Specialist treatment and support for young cancer patients aged 15-25: Youth Cancer Services
- Regarding Schools & Attendance: Young cancer patients and their families might have additional questions regarding issues such as attending school. Please view the advice from the Australian and NZ Children’s Haematology and Oncology Group
For information regarding travel
If you are currently travelling, recently returned from travel or planning to travel, you can find out more here:
- Healthdirect Australia – Get COVID Clarity
- Healthdirect Australia – What happens after you recover from COVID-19?
State and Territory Government resources
For information specific to your state or territory, use these government website links:
Australian Capital Territory (ACT Health)
Northern Territory (NT Dept of Health)
New South Wales (NSW Health)
Queensland (QLD Health)
South Australia (SA Health)
SA Healthcare Workers Information
Victoria (VIC Dept of Health & Human Services)
Western Australia (WA Health)