Beetroot, pear and lentil salad
Dietary fibre per serve: 18g
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: None!
- 1 tin (400g) brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 tin (400g) baby beetroots, drained and quartered
- 1 medium pear, diced
- 1 cup of spinach or rocket leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Pepper to taste
- Place lentils, baby beets and spinach or rocket leaves in a large bowl.
- In a screw-top jar, add olive oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic and shake to combine to make dressing.
- Drizzle dressing over salad vegetables and toss to combine.
- Season with pepper and serve.
- Place leftovers on a small wholegrain pita bread to make a wrap or multigrain bread to make a sandwich.
- Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Recipe supplied courtesy of Cancer Council Queensland
Explore other healthy recipes
A healthy diet can lower your risk of cancer and help prevent other health problems