Chickpea and roast pumpkin salad
Dietary fibre per serve: 12g
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- ½ butternut pumpkin, diced
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400g tin baby beetroot, drained
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups rocket, washed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced) for 10 minutes.
- Cook pumpkin and rosemary for 25 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
- Meanwhile, cook onion in frying pan with splashes of water until the onion is soft.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice and Dijon in a jar, shaking until combined.
- Mix cooked pumpkin, onion, chickpeas, beetroot, cherry tomatoes and rocket.
- Serve with dressing.
- Swap rocket for spinach.
- Swap chickpeas for brown lentils.
- Swap beetroot for halved strawberries.
- Swap lemon juice for apple cider vinegar.
Recipe supplied courtesy of Cancer Council Queensland
Explore other healthy recipes
A healthy diet can lower your risk of cancer and help prevent other health problems