Dietary fibre per serve: 9g
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Standing time: 1-8 hours
- 1 medium apple, grated
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup apple juice (no added sugar)
- ½ cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- ¾ cup tinned peaches in the juice, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp almond slivers
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- Mix the grated apple, rolled oats, apple juice, yoghurt, peaches and dried cranberries into a medium bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight.
- Combine the almond slivers and pepitas. Stir half through the oat mixture. You may need to add extra yoghurt to the mixture if you prefer a smoother consistency.
- Serve into bowls and sprinkle over the remaining almonds and pepitas.
- Uncooked oats can be stored in the fridge for 2 days.
Recipe supplied courtesy of Cancer Council Queensland
Explore other healthy recipes
A healthy diet can lower your risk of cancer and help prevent other health problems