Dietary fibre per serve: 4g
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 5 eggs
- 2 medium zucchinis, grated
- 200g butternut pumpkin, grated
- 1 tin reduced-salt corn kernels
- 1 medium brown onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- ¾ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Olive or canola oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced) for 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl combine vegetables, egg, flour, cheese, herbs and pepper.
- Add eggs and stir mixture until well combined.
- Spray a large baking dish with oil. Pour in mixture and flatten.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
- Rest in the pan for 10 minutes before cutting into 8 slices.
- Recipe can be frozen for up to two months. Cool to room temperature and cut into serving slices before freezing.
- Make it gluten-free by substituting ½ cup of wholemeal self-raising flour for ½ cup gluten-free self-raising flour.
- Try swapping pumpkin for carrot or sweet potato.
Recipe supplied courtesy of Cancer Council Queensland